Oracle, Applications User Experience Director, CoreUX – 2015 – present
- Designed methodologies, defined project scope, planned research activities, and supervised programs of research as well as individually contributed to these projects.
- Synthesized and integrated primary and secondary research findings to identify and address key business issues and provide actionable recommendations for all Oracle Cloud based applications.
- Provided user experience, design, and innovation guidance for Cloud components (e.g., search, navigation, home, tables, smart cards), new development platform tool, and mobile applications.
- Appointed as the Mobile Work Group Chair for Oracle’s User Advisory Board.
Oracle, Applications User Experience Director, Mobile – 2012 – 2015
- Fourteen new smartphone applications were released within a one-year start to finish development cycle in 2014.
- Developed the mobile UX strategy, UI patterns and components built in Oracle's Mobile Application Framework 2.0, product designs, and research for EBS Oracle Smartphone Suite.
- Collaborated with over 12 product families, international development teams, executives, and technical teams.
- Oracle Voice released in iTune, Summer 2014. My team produced and drove the application vision, definition, user scenarios, research, and designs through deployment. A new partnership with Nuance evolved from this work.
- Published a mobile design website for internal and external audiences. Mobile personas, design patterns, and guidelines were created.
- Trained customers, partners, and sales consultants on Oracle’s mobile UX strategy, design guidelines, and principles.
- Defined ethnographic research process where mobile workers were observed throughout the day in Stockholm, Beijing, Chicago, and in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Promoted mobile user experience best practices through publications, presentations, and patents. Key presenter for Mobile User Experience presentations
Oracle, Applications User Experience Senior Manager, Mobile – 2007 – 2012
- Managed and led the social user experience designs and approach for all Fusion product teams. Simultaneous delivery of cutting edge design concepts while driving tactical “right now” solutions.
- Created the strategic vision that integrates and clearly defines user experience as a priority in all future mobile applications.
- Implemented procedures to facilitate consistency across product suites and multiple platforms.
- Mentored and directed a team of seasoned designers and usability engineers to complete innovative research and design initiatives.
- Collaborated with mobile partners, strategy, product management, development, and middleware teams to define mobile applications and create a design process that will foster best of class mobile user experience.
- Produced a 12-month calendar each year for internal developers and stakeholders to increase awareness of mobile best practices.
Oracle, Applications User Experience Manager, Supply Chain Management and Procurement – 2006 – 2007
- Managed a team of 7 – 9 interaction designers and usability engineers to improve the user experience and satisfaction with Oracle Supply Chain Management (SCM) and procurement products.
- Worked with the team to facilitate and design Oracle's next-generation Fusion products using design patterns, UI standards and guidelines following a User Centered Design process. End deliverables included: user profiles, task flows, wire frames, usability evaluations, and interactive prototypes.
- Promoted and directed research with customers and end users to improve and validate designs.
- Trained all SCM product managers on a customer feedback methodology in order to ensure good designs across all product families.
PeopleSoft, Senior to Principal Usability Engineer/Researcher – 2003 – 2005
- Founded the Supply Chain Management end user research program. Primary advisor to direct, facilitate and structure product research projects. Key research contact and liaison with customers. Initiated over 100 research sessions in 2004. Developed and established new research methodologies and techniques.
- Designed, standardized, and implemented user research to support software designs for Purchasing, Inventory, Order Management, Services Procurement, and E-Procurement.
Cheskin, Research Manager – 2000 – 2002
- Designed research projects based on client discussions with senior management at Fortune 500 and upstart companies. Wrote over 25 proposals and project bids.
- Developed and prioritized product requirements/enhancements and new product focuses through utilization of both qualitative and quantitative market research, customer usage and attitudinal data and competitive analysis.
St. Mary’s College of California, Lecturer – 2002
Stanford University, Lecturer – 1999
- Ph.D., Mass Media, Department of Telecommunication, Michigan State University
Special areas of focus: cognition and technology
- M.A., Telecommunication, Michigan State University
- B.S., Biochemistry & B.A., Communication, California State University, Chico
References upon request.